Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Crash:

My first mistake was riding alone. I made all the arguments in my head to justify it. It is a local trail, close to home and I had ridden it several times before. And I was not expecting to crash, and if I did crash I was expecting to walk away from it.

I checked all the stunts on the way up the trail, made sure all the lips and landings were in good condition and that nothing had changed since I had last ridden the trail. I got to the top, put my knee pads on, my knee brace on and my helmet on. I usually ride with a dirt lid but after a weekend watching Goatstyle in Creston I decided it was time to start wearing my full face more. I cannot express how important good safety gear is to all kinds of riding. If you are a beginner or a pro it is your responsibility to take care of yourself. I hear lots of arguments like “it is expensive” or “it is not cool” and I have made these excuses, but at the end of the day you never know what it going to happen on any ride.

p4pb5392855[1]

FOR MORE CLICK HERE …