Thursday, April 8, 2010

Fogelstory - By Connor Luther

 

Report a Poacher: Stealing this from Connor Luther and Pinkbike

Being an amateur photographer and currently enrolled in a photography class at my school, naturally I love taking pictures of one of the most amazing sports on this planet. My mission was to tell the epic story of a mountain biker and his life. My location of choice, the Aptos Post Office. I requested the help of an amazing rider who goes by the name Jack Fogelquist.
Read on for the story of how mountain biking is "Not Just A Sport, It's A Lifestyle."

The project was to tell a story using pictures. So instead of me describing it, here is the full visual story "Not Just A Sport, It's A Lifestyle."

This picture 
helps show how mountain bikers are not invincible and they live normal 
lives too

This picture helps show how mountain bikers are not invincible and they live normal lives too

The term "No Dig No Ride" means even if you did not initially build what you are riding, you still need to maintain the trail or jumps you are riding. If people see you respecting what they have built, they will respect you more.

Jack is a very 
fun guy and he is always smiling when he is riding

Jack is a very fun guy and he is always smiling when he is riding

This is a more 
artistic side of mountain biking

This is a more artistic side of mountain biking

Jack got very 
hungry while riding, I really don't think his tire would taste very 
good

Jack got very hungry while riding, I really don't think his tire would taste very good

Jack getting 
into a three, he has such a nice style

Jack getting into a three, he has such a nice style

For anybody 
that has never seen the entire Post Office, this jump here  <br> 
is about a 4 foot hip I was also 3 feet away from getting  <br> 
kicked in the face

For anybody that has never seen the entire Post Office, this jump here
is about a 4 foot hip I was also 3 feet away from getting
kicked in the face

It was amazing to work with Jack, he has such an amazing style that never ceases to amaze me. He would continually throw down the nastiest tricks where ever I moved to.
For Connor:
Connor Luther
Gamut USA
GoPro
Hayes
Optic Ride
For Jack:
Jack Fogelquist
Banshee Bikes
Gamut USA
Straitline Components
Nuke Proof
Division 26 Clothing
Scotts Valley Cycle Sport

Keep Riding,

Rob Dunnet