Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Szwed... prognosis good, lots of work ahead though

Szwed is out of hospital but has a lot of hard recovery ahead of him. He wanted to make sure I passed on this message.

"Hi my friends I want to tell you my story and say a BIG TRUE THANK YOU to the 22 PRIDE.
Almost 3 weeks ago a had huge and stupid atv accident; it wasn't even training or racing, just a stupid ride.
I cant remember anything (i remember few small facts) I was very lucky because a police officer saw me just a moment after the crash and an ambulance was there within 7 min time, and then I was in the hospital 6min after that.
In a total of 20 min time I had lost 2.6 L of blood and i had 2.5 L of liquid in my lungs, my brain was swelling and my heart muscle was cracked big time. That was the main injures, and doctors where doing me operation and reanimation all night.
I had split open my leg with a broken femur ( I was in shorts and the bone was on the ground and I'm so happy I haven't got a bone infection), I have a huuuuuuuuge cut on the leg that looks like a shark bite I've had 2 operations on that leg.
I've also broken ( don't know in English, big bone on back of shoulder ), as well as broken ribs, damaged knee and damaged small nerve in my leg, but it will be ok.
When i was in my coma the priest gave me even last sacraments.
My troy lee carbon helmet was in 6 pieces.
I'm in my house from yesterday.
My Parent's and My Wife are the best, best best family !!!
In hospital i have realized how much pain a human can take and
after coma when i was on intensive therapy f*ck it's hard, I was so damaged and weak , every normal thing was doing by machines , breathing, etc etc etc, it was a big lesson for me that calculated risk is ok but recklessness can kill quick.

JUST WANT THANK YOU I'm so proud that I'm part of the 22 PRIDE and Keith I'm reading this "Szwed... I know you will be reading these comments, and I hope that they make you feel better and positive!"
and it's maybe funny but i have got tears in my eyes.
I did terrible stupid thing for my family they had 3 f*cked up weeks.
I will be walking in 2-3 weeks biking in 2-3 months so 2007 is over for me but in 2008 i will be stronger then ever on my banshee bicycle Thanks"


We'll I know I speak for all of us that we're delighted that you've come through the worst. Big thanks to everyone that helped in saving you... I definitely think you got lucky Bro. To the police officer, ambulance drivers, doctors and nurses we're thankful you were there at the right time, and did the right things to make sure this situation didn't get any worse than it already was.

There's still a difficult road ahead for both you and your family. Be patient, listen to your body and don't push it too much. Stay positive and be thankful for everyday you've got, even if it gets a little depressing not being able to ride your bike right away. Be patient with your family - I'm sure they're happy that your ok but also angry that you put such a big scare in them. When your a little healthier... they're gonna kill ya - hahaha

From all of us at the Pride we wish you our best!