Thursday, May 31, 2007

Schwara: Let me introduce...







Let me introduce myself. My name is Pavel Schwarz, but most riders in my country know me as Schwara. I´m from Czech Republic, it's a small country in the middle of the Europe wellknown for excellent beer, pretty girls and good ice hockey players (and also good riders like Michal Prokop two times World Champion).

I´ve been riding on Banshee for two years. I'm using freeride Banshee Chapparal and hardtail
Scirocco this year and I hope I will ride new Willdcard frame.


My main goals for this year are here: Now I'm working on organization of the 3rd volume of the biggest slopestyle event in Czech Republic.



Next month I'm going to participate Ticket To Style in Saalbach. It is a qualification for Adidas Slopestyle. I was 12 last year from 70 riders from all of the world.

Then I have in contemplation some roadtrips in Germany and Czech Republic and local races. Take some video for my profil in Dirt Biker's (the biggest MTB and BMX magazine in Czech Republic) annual DVD. I shoud also ride on European part of Flowshow tour. And have a fun









Last weekend I spent in Portugal. I was invited to Lisboa Down Town contest. It was my second start in Lisboa. Lisboa
Down Town is a famous urban downhill race takes place in the centre of the old town, starts on a castel and leads down through narrow streets, over sets of stairs, jumps, rocks and etc. The track is always crowded by thousands people.


On start list were the world best downhillers like Peat, Minnar, Rennie, Hill, Gracia, Areton, Graves, Brain Lopes... It was amazing experiences. Next day local riders took me to best freeride spot in Portugal and show me lot of perfekt trails. Especially one secret trail was wonderful, realy long, technical with difficult roll downs, drops and big gaps. Unfortunately I'm still waiting for photos.