Thursday, April 7, 2011

Brayton Takes the Win at Inners


Banshee World Cup Team Rider, Adam Brayton takes the win and fastest time of the day at round three of the Alpine Bikes Winter Series at Innerleithen, Scotland.

'This weekend was the final round of the innerleithen winter series and a race I was really looking forward to after round one was so good.

On the Saturday there was quite heavy rain so I held off till about ten o’clock but the sky didn’t look like it was going to clear up so I headed up for a run to see what it was like.

The track was real good and it was nice to have a fresh lip on the quarry gap, the bottom section was quite pedally in bits so good job I’ve been working hard over the winter.

I got 6 runs in the end but I wasn’t feeling to clever on the track so I walked up after practice to check some bits out and find some fresh lines for Sundays practice.

Sunday morning I got two mega runs in, I was feeling real good on the track and I was happy to find my flow ready for the 1st run.

Out the start my run was shady as I messed up the 1st corner but after that I got some pedals in down the 1st straight and set about nailing my lines and my run was going pretty good just a few little mistakes and then on the main pedally bit I sat down! I and thought to myself what are you doing! I’m blaming the wtb devo seat it’s just so comfy I feel like I’m on the yz! Anyway I got my self into gear and got cranking before the next section which was real sick loads of turns with some little inside lines then into the finish it was pretty flat out huck thing before getting on the gas to the line. After my 1st run I was surprised to go into the lead, things were real tight which is always good for racing but I knew I could build on it for 2nd runs.

Props to Ian MacLennan for both shots... this one was brave!

Then it started to rain a little bit but it was hard to tell what damage it would do to the course. I didn’t think it would be much different as the top was wet already and the rest of the track was in dense trees, so I loaded up with some tear offs just in case things got messy.


My run felt pretty awesome few little bits where I backed off just in case things were different and they turned out to be good decisions like the last section was quite hard pack flat turns so I just got through there safe and went fastest again but 2 seconds down on my time so I was mega stoked to take the win to top off a great weekend!

When the heavens opened I was feeling it even more the legend loves it wet, and so do I, so I knew it was more than capable of going quicker, after all its spent half its life in the mud!

This was my 2nd race with the Elka/Banshee combo and it has blown me away right about the box, mid week testing definitely paid off as it was munching!

cheers
Adam





More Mountain Biking Videos


Congrats Adam!

Click on above to see times.


Full race report at www.pinkbike.com