Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Matt Brooks

Hey there everyone, I’m Matt Brooks and I am the newest addition to the Banshee freeride team. I thought I would sit down and let you know a little about myself, and my riding,

First of all lets get the boring stuff out of the way, I’m 22, blonde hair and blue eyes, live in Kamloops, and have been riding for about 8 years. Great, now that we got that out of the way we can get to some more interesting stuff. If I’m not out riding I like to spend time with my girl friend or other friends, because a lot of my summer is occupied by riding so I don’t get to see them as much as I would like. A usual casual day for me is spent down by pioneer park/ beach, or floating down the river. Sounds rough eh? We also like to try and spend at least a few weekends of the summer out camping and 4x4ing. Nothing like the great out doors! Another thing I have been doing, especially in the last year is working with the Kamloops Bike Ranch. I’m not sure if everyone knows yet but Kamloops has a city funded bike park, which is one of the first of its kind, so I like to try and put some hours in there when I can, just helping with shaping lips, and general up keep.

As far as my riding goes this season I had a great start to the year, shooting with multiple photographers, and freeride entertainment. However, I suffered a fairly serious ACL tear in my left knee which will probably end the rest of my season. I will still try to make it out to the remaining events like Crankworx so you might see me lurking around the village. Hopefully when I see my orthopedic surgeon after Crankworx he will give me some good news and get my in for surgery ASAP. Oh well, better luck next year I suppose. Luckily before the crashed I got lots of building done in Kamloops for New World Disorders new movie. There has also been lots of construction going on in my friend Brad’s back yard and I am happy to say that we finally have our own private foam pit! One of the cooler things that happened riding this year though was living with Kurt Sorge. We got to build, shred and film a lot together this year which was a nice change of pace. As always riding this year has been a blast and I’m sure you will be hearing from me again soon. Remember, ride Banshee, and ride hard!


Jay says "make sure you check Matt out in NWD8... AZ Freeride has scoped out a teaser someone posted on youtube. Also Matt was able to get some filming in with Rebel Media and Wicked Wheels for those of you who can get that show in Europe"
I did get a message saying the surgeon had checked out his leg and he's ok to do some light riding until his surgery but needs to keep the knee from swelling up. He should be 100% for next riding season so we're really happy the prognosis is good and that he'll be back doing what he loves.

Matts riding pics are courtesy of John "gibby" Gibson