Friday, June 15, 2007

Rampant 4X prototype

Finally I can show you the pictures of the Rampant 4X.

It isn't totally perfect yet as I need to make the creature icon bigger on the downtube and top tube so that the wings cross the centerline. The placement is also slightly off as there needs to be a 2mm seperation between the graphic and where the paint starts.

The "rampant" font needs to be slightly smaller but the rampant icon seems to fit perfect so thats good.

Again, we didn't have the hydroformed tubes ready when we started so try to imagine it with a similar shape but without the gussets as they'll be built into the tubes.


Creature looks pretty slick on the headtube, so I am pretty happy it turned out well.

So this will be the TEAM style of paint. Yeah its kinda flashy, but this is a race bike so it may not appeal to the rider who likes his bikes in olive drab, or brown with minimal logos. We'll also have completely different styles and colors that one should be able to find something they like.

I'll have the Rune up in a few days, and will also put a post up about the change in the pivots. Basically show you the new "on the fly" greasable pivots; should work really well.

I'm really stoked on this bike and even though its a 4X race bike I think it may become my personal steed for all around riding.

Let me know what you think... always like reading the comments.